Resume for Richard Anton
Seeking a senior or lead software developer position.
Summary of Qualifications
- Talented software developer with extensive experience.
- Seven years of supervisory experience.
- Lead developer of over a dozen successful software projects.
- Experienced in advertising, networking, and graphics domains.
- Leader of voice and data networking teams for two years.
- Extensive knowledge of development tools and programming languages.
- Extremely fast learner with ability to adapt to new challenges.
Sr. Software Development Engineer, Amazon.com, Seattle, WA 2009-Present
- Successfully delivered display and mobile advertising products by designing, developing, and maintaining web services for ad delivery and tracking as well as building interactive online advertising experiences. Provided leadership to other developers by serving as scrum master and consulting on software design and operational best practices.
- Crucial to launching Kindle with Special Offers product line by designing and developing multiple server side components and providing operational support during internal beta and during and after launch.
- Led technical design of Kindle with Special Offers server-side work to add support for LCD Kindle devices including Kindle Fire
- and Kindle Fire HD.
- Developed components of custom mobile ad landing pages including dynamically retrieved product catalog information.
- Mentored other developers and aided extensively in recruiting and interviewing developers for team and advertising organization as a whole.
- Designed, developed, and maintained scalable web services to deliver advertising to Kindle devices and process click through actions from device using Java, JMS, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Created and maintained data storage and messaging infrastructure for ad delivery services including ActiveMQ message brokers, NoSQL data stores, and sharded MySQL databases.
- Designed and developed systems to process advertising metrics from mobile devices using Hadoop, Pig, and Hive on Elastic MapReduce.
- Helped design and build online event tracking service used across company as part of a cross team initiative.
- Integrated advertising placements with Amazon retail website using Perl and Mason.
- Built tools and web interfaces for ad scheduling work-flows used by account managers, graphic designers, and ad operations using Tomcat, Spring MVC, and JSP as well as Python and Django.
- Led design, development, and launch of web site for voting on the most beautiful advertisements.
Sr. Software Developer, Cyber Operations, Inc., Pelham, AL 2007-2009
- Project Manager for ACL Compliance Director, a system for managing network
security policies of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Developed C++ authentication library compatible with TACACS+, Radius, and LDAP.
- Performed Linux server administration for web, mail, domain, authentication, and
file storage services.
- Configured and maintained network devices including Cisco routers, Cisco ASA firewalls,
Juniper routers, and Netscreen firewalls.
- Managed support for customers of all network policy related products including the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- Prepared presentations, online advertising, direct mailings, and authoring original
technical articles for marketing campaigns.
Team Leader, US Army, Fort Lewis, WA and Iraq 2005-2007
- Leader of team which installed and maintained voice and data networks for other organizations. Worked directly with customers to provide quality of service, and trained and mentored subordinates.
- Led team to connect subscribers to new permanent fiber optics network in Mosul, Iraq.
- Performed quality of service checks while supporting 317th Maintenance and 126th Aviation which resulted in a 98% call completion rate.
- Chosen as NCO(Supervisor) of the Month.
Team Member, US Army, Fort Lewis, WA and Iraq 2003-2005
- Member of line-of-sight radio terminal team which operated in conjunction with a switching team to provide voice and data connectivity to subscribers.
- Provided communications for medical evacuation unit with no missed evacuation requests in Balad, Iraq.
- Supported over 70 network users for 84th Engineers in Balad, Iraq
- Helped install 4000 meter fiber optic ring in Al-Qayyirah, Iraq serving over 400 subscribers.
- Chosen as battalion Soldier(Employee) of the Quarter twice.
Consultant, KwikPop, Lighthouse Point, FL, 2003-2007
- Converted proprietary futures trading system for MetaStock platform to run under several other platforms, including eSignal, TradeStation, NinjaTrader, AmiBroker, and Sierra Chart.
- Developed subscriber database and online license verification system enabling client to use a subscription pricing model.
- Developed core dynamic loaded library which contained all the logic for each version of product allowing rapid development of versions for five charting software platforms.
Sr. Quantitative Analyst, Alpha Trading, Juno Beach, FL 2002-2003
- Implemented automated futures trading strategies while working alongside quantitative technical analyst.
- Developed custom software for realtime execution and historical backtesting of futures trading systems to overcome inadequacies in commercially available software.
- Worked on the development of quantitative trading systems for the S&P 500 futures contract and the 30-year U.S. bond futures contract.
Founder, MadLogic, Jupiter, FL 2002-Present
- Developed multiple software utility applications for Windows.
- Developed MadCalc, a graphing calculator application for Windows that supports rectangular, parametric, and polar plotting, saving the produced graphs as bitmaps, and allows for complete control over scale and color of graphs.
- Developed CSVExport, a utility to allow TradeStation to export trading symbol data for analysis in other programs.
- Developed PerlSafe, a product to create binary executables from Perl scripts
- Designed and created company website
Software Developer, Intelliquant, LLC, West Palm Beach, FL 2002
- Designed and developed automated stock options arbitrage system.
- Optimized performance of system so that it could scan over 30,000 options on five American exchanges in real-time.
Software Engineer , Cyber Operations, LLC, Jupiter, FL 2000-2002
- Lead development efforts which successfully turned around two troubled ongoing software products.
- Developed Xtream Management System for parallel lossless data compression
- Helped optimize XMS, more than doubling the overall system speed.
- Reduced memory overhead of the most intensive XMS compression algorithm by half without any loss in compression.
- Led development of ANT, a denial of service protection system
Founder, BoxTop Software, Starkville, MS 1995-2009
- Led development of Macintosh platform products and coordinated cross-platform development of Windows products. Lead developer of GIFmation, PhotoGIF, and ProJPEG.
- Developed product named a 1996 MacUser Eddy Award Finalist in the Best New Production Tool class
- Set in place coding standards and guidelines for other developers.
- Developed, marketed, and maintained four Photoshop plugins and two standalone applications for optimizing web graphics.
Education and Training
- National Merit Finalist
- Continuing Education, 91 credits, Excelsior College
- Professional Leadership Development Course, US Army 2005
Accomplishments and Affiliations
- US Patent # 7,246,177, System and method for encoding and decoding data files
- Served as Sergeant in US Army 51st Signal BN and US Army Reserve, 324th ITSB
- Decorated veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom