Projects, Articles, and Presentations
- I presented a live demo on Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus, Amazon Managed Service for Grafana], and AWS Distro for OpenTelemetry at AWS on Air for re:Invent 2020.
- Recording (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRS02I8ljp4)
- I gave a talk, “When Technical Solutions Are Not Enough to Scale Internal Collaboration,” at the 2022 InnerSource Summit (https://innersourcecommons.org/events/isc-2022/).
Various articles articles on technical leadership, coding, philosophy, mostly on LinkedIn.
Most of these are also at my blog.
- https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/kids-lockdown-pygame-zero-fruitbats-our-labor-richard-anton/ and related Python tutorials I wrote https://github.com/ranton256/python_lessons
These are just various projects I have done, mostly for personal development or learning on the side.
- Ray tracer I developed in C++ during grad school course on advanced rendering: http://www.ranton.org/g/ray-tracing
- Instructions and sample C++ code for setting up OpenGL on Mac in Xcode: https://github.com/ranton256/opengl_rendering_demo
- OpenGL demo app with Blinn-Phong shading, textures, and SMF mesh loader: https://github.com/ranton256/opengl_rendering_demo
- PyGame project I developed with my kids as a teaching exercise: https://github.com/ranton256/timmy
- Python lessons I wrote while teaching my kids about coding: https://github.com/ranton256/python_lessons
- These are related slides for training I gave my older kids while working on a Python Flask project with them, https://github.com/ranton256/enclave7. Linux for Beginners (slides) Git and Markdown (slides)
- SDL2 C++ program to render the Mandelbrot set: https://github.com/ranton256/mandelbrot-sdl2
- Example for using SDL2 from Lua: https://github.com/ranton256/lua_sdl_lines
- Grad School group project with two others for generating logo images using AI: https://github.com/ranton256/cs510_ai_logo_generation
- Image classification using PyTorch for Computer Vision graduate course final project: https://github.com/ranton256/cs583_final_project_classify
- Small 2d space shoot-em-up game I did while learning Unity: https://ranton.itch.io/system-exit and a Solar System simulator in Unity, https://ranton.itch.io/solar-system
- There are also some older projects from before I started moving things to GitHub at http://www.ranton.org/source:
- Meme is a small interpreted language built using lex and yacc. It is a fairly complete but still simple example if you want to learn lex and yacc because it has all of the basic language control structures, but it has not been optimized at all.
- I put together some basic marketing training when my wife was staring her travel business, Dash Away Trips.